Ultralight at just 212g, the Bluebird ice axe is ideal for technical mountaineering, high-alpine skiing or competitive ski mountaineering.
Its titanium head is as light as aluminum but as solid as steel. Its aluminum shaft promises extreme lightness and solidity. The Hummingbird is available in two lengths: 45 or 50cm, ISMF-approved for ski mountaineering competitions.
Its design makes it one of the lightest and most efficient ice axes on the market.
• Ultralight titanium head
• Aircraft grade anodized, sandblasted aluminum curved shaft
• Dual-textured grip
• Pick and adze protectors included
• Weight: 212g (45cm)
• Type 1/B
• Conform to the CE / EN 13 089 ice axes certification
• Conform to the ISMF regulations (50cm)
• Designed & assembled in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
• Ideal for High-Alpine Skiing, Ski touring, Ski Mountaineering competition, Mountaineering
Stuffed this in my pack on the E Buttress of Whitney earlier this season for the descent down MR. So light and perfect for the task.