$134.96 Regular price $179.95
Optimized for fast travel, big days and efficient transitions over any terrain, at any time of year - winter alpinism, spring ski traverses and speedy summer rock assault are all in a day's work for this ultra versatile pack.
• Material: High Tenacity 210d Nylon 6.6
• High performance hybrid carry system, with chest pockets
• Zipped lid pocket with 2L of storage
• Under lid internal valuables pocket
• Full length side access zip
• Stashable waist belt and Hip pad
• Easy access stretch side pocket
• Dual icetool carry
• Quick ski carry system with stainless steel hook
• Removable avalanche tools pouch
• Helmet carry compatible
• Available in two back lengths (S/M & M/L)
• Also available in 28L
• Weight: 980 g and 883 g without ski parts
• Ideal for mountaineering, ski mountaineering
This pack has so far been working out well for me, but there are a few things I would see changed.
First the ski carry system seems like it was designed for the smaller pack and not modified for the larger. I find the hook to be too short to carry well and I will be changing it out for a strap and buckle system shortly.
Second the hipbelt and sternum buckle don't handle snow particularly well. They both got snow packed in them recently and were unable to buckle securely until I cleared the snow. A pain while booting a couloir.
I would like to see either gear loops or a small snack pocket on the hipbelt, but that's not a dealbreaker.
The left zippered pocket on the shoulder strap seems designed for a phone, but mine in its case is too large to fit. However a 500ml flask fits perfect in the right pocket.
This is now my do-everything alpine pack. I've ice climbed in it over 50 days this winter, taken it on multi-day trips in the alpine, rock climbed with it extensively, and even run some trails with it. It climbs really well as the vest-like shoulder straps and low profile make it a great multipitch pack that also has enough volume to carry everything I need to the base of the climb. It hauls heavier loads well - like I said I've done trips up to 5 days in length with it. The only things I'd change are the upper tool attachments to better accommodate modern tool handles and I'd add an external crampon attachment, but all in all I think it's one of the best performing alpine packs I've used to date.