The women's Cuesta has been specifically designed to meet women's fit requirements (higher waist & larger thighs). It is a multipurpose rock-climbing harness dedicated to confirmed and committed climbers.
The sleek, slim design with laminatde waist belt and elasticized leg loops offers complete freedom of movement with a minimal weigth (285 g in size M). The lightweight body fabric and the tie-in points made out of high tenacity nylon improves resistance and durability of the harness. It has four gear loops: two front with rigid insert for ease of clipping and 2 back, flush for backpack compatibility. It is the harness to carry everywhere you go.
• Materials: High tenacity PES, UHMW polyethylene, aircraft grade aluminum speed buckle, acetal buckles.
• Conform to the CE/EN 12277, UIAA105
• Four gear loops: 2 front, with rigid insert for ease of clipping and 2 back, flush for backpack compatibility.
• Extra wide, lightweight, laminated waist belt and leg loop, optimized for comfort
• Adaptative elastic adjustment of the leg loops
• Dimensions waist/leg: XS (63-76cm/46-54cm); S (68-81cm/50-58 cm), M (74-87cm/54-62cm), L (81-94cm/59-67cm)
• Ultralight weight: 265g (XS), 275g (S), 285g (M), 305g (L), 320g (XL)
• Designed in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
• PPE no return allowed
• Ideal for trad climbing, sport climbing or long multi-pitch routes.
It's gotten damn near impossible to find a harness with enough gear loop real estate for Trad, and this harness seems to follow that pattern. It is very light, but the weight savings seem to come at the expense of functionality and comfort. The padding in the leg loops is probably fine for gym climbing but weren't comfortable for anything involving hanging/projecting, and would definitely not make this my go-to for a full day multipitch
Climbed in this harness only three days so far - one alpine multi-pitch and two crag days. I ordered the women's small, it fits my waist great - I'm a women's size 6/28" in jeans for reference. However the unadjustable leg loops are too small for my thighs and somewhat uncomfortably constricting and difficult to get on. I encounter this fit problem a lot in outdoor gear especially climbing pants so unfortunately not too surprising. I do love how comfortable the waist is plus how lightweight and packable the harness is especially for the price point and it makes up for the constricted leg holes.
I bought this harness to replace a 5 year old harness that has s good bit of wear. I wear mediums usually. 32 inch waist. This one may be a bit large in summer.
This harness is much lighter than my previous harness and is by far the lightest full featured non-adjustible harness I have had. It is also comfortable. Falls and repels. I will avoid using this one for bolt replacement work and see if If I can get 5 years out of it!