The Choucas Pro is a minimalist and uncluttered model, ideal for the most challenging excursions and technical mountaineering. It has four gear loops, four waist belt ice screw slots, a waist speed buckle and a reinforced belay loop for extreme versatility and technicality.
Its patented large leg loops opening allows you to safely secure it with crampons or skis on.
• Breathable mesh waist belt and leg loops
• Four large gear loops
• Four ice screw slots on waist belt
• Waist speed buckle
• Full strength "magic ring" belay loop
• Patented leg loops opening with secured aluminum buckles
• Adjustable and replaceable rear elastic
• Ultralight weight: 128g (XS), 134g S, 140 (M), 146(L), 152g (XL)
• Dimensions waist/leg: XS (63-76cm/44-51cm); S (68-81cm/48-55cm), M (74-87cm/52-59cm), L (81-94cm/57-64cm), XL (90-103cm/63-70cm).
• Material: UHMW polyethylene, high tenacity PES, Aircraft-grade aluminum, acetal buckles
• Conform to the CE/EN 12277 type C climbing harness certification
• UIAA certified
• Designed in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
• Ideal for Mountaineering, rock and ice climbing
Love the harness. Will be enjoying it as designed this weekend.
Even lighter than anticipated without sacrificing features needed on a mountaineering harness. Big gear loops and well thought out ice clipper locations.
I got this harness for mt rainier and I think it will serve my purpose well! Lightweight, it hardly feels like anything! I have other diaper style harnesses like the petzl tour and petzl fly, but it's nice to be able to have a tie in points I'm familiar with. It's also great for travel because of it's weight. Because it packs so small, I never hesitate to bring the choucas pro whenever I travel.
This harness is amazingly light and compact. With completely seprating leg loops it is possible to put on wearing skis or crampons. 4 Screw Clipper slots are exactly where they should be!! With 4 gear loops and a belay loop this a full featured harness that is reasonably comfortable with winter clothing. The only tradeoff is the leg loops are not adjustable so it is possible to pinch your junk. The weight saving on this harness is real !
This harness is comfortable and fits very well.. i would recommend this to anyone for ice multipitch and alpine climbing/ski touring.