The Akila is the first B/Type 1 ice axe to achieve such high level of technicality in the ultralight category. The shape of its chromoly steel ergonomic head is studied for optimal anchoring regardless of the surface to forge ahead.
Its casted hammer offers a fitting surface to hit pitons in all terrains. The Akila is short enough (49cm), light (345g) and compact to be easily stored inside a backpack.
It is the ideal tool for climbers/skiers who want to climb faster and lighter with a very technical and robust ice axe.
• Chromoly steel ergonomic head
• Aircraft grade anodized, sandblasted aluminum curved shaft
• Dual-textured grip
• Pick, adze and spike protectors included
• Weight: 345g (49cm)
• Type 1/B
• Conform to the CE / EN 13 089 ice axes certification
• Designed & assembled in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
• Ideal for Mountaineering, Ski touring, High-Alpine Skiing
This completes the pairing for a robust, lightweight tech tools. The hammer works great for pounding in pickets!
Great tool for any moderate alpine/ski mountaineer objective. Perfect for the ice bulge on the Ford/Stettner couloir on the Grand Teton. Great product Blue Ice!