TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Scope of agreement
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all sales transactions conducted between persons over the age of legal majority making a purchase through the online sales site www.blueice.com and the company BLUE ICE Europe SAS. Hence, they legally apply to all orders placed on the www.blueice.com website, exclusive property of BLUE ICE Europe SAS, and whose Publishing Manager is Mr. Giovanni Battista Rossi, President. BLUE ICE Europe SAS is a simplified joint stock company with capital of €4,010,000, registered under number 507 787 604 with the Annecy Trade and Companies Registry (Intra-Community VAT number: FR37507787604).
Address of the Head Office:
BLUE ICE Europe SAS
336 route du Nant Jorland, 74310 Les Houches, France
Telephone number: +33 (4) 50 21 14 89
Product offerings presented on the www.blueice.com website are governed by these Terms and Conditions of Sale; they are valid as long as they remain online until no longer available. Products offered for sale on the www.blueice.com website are described as accurately as possible. Photos, texts and diagrams associated with the presented products have only an illustrative value and are not contractual; there may occasionally be minor differences with the final product that is delivered to the client.
Any order placed on the www.blueice.com website shall be deemed an express acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale and shall be deemed an express acceptance of prices and products available for sale.
If you wish to place an order, you must follow the following procedure:
- Choosing a product: Select the product you wish to order;
- Checking the content of the selection: You check the content of your shopping cart while retaining the possibility of deleting selected products;
- Identifying yourself: You complete the identification form at your disposal and include all the required information: last name, first name, address, email;
- Checking the order: You check the content of your order, the total price, the shipping and billing addresses while retaining the possibility of deleting a product or changing the shipping and billing addresses. An address is defined by the following fields: address, postcode/zip, town/city, country and phone number;
- Choosing the payment method: You choose the method of payment;
- Confirming the order: You confirm your order by accepting these General Terms and Conditions of Sale and ticking the corresponding box. Validation of the order is only possible once you’ve you ticked this box;
- Redirecting to an external banking site to securely process payment (SSL): You enter the banking details required for payment and corresponding to the selected payment method. Your account will be charged within 6 days of the order;
- Acknowledgement of receipt of order: You will receive an email recapping the contents of your order, including: the order number, the banking transaction number, the list of ordered products, the terms of Delivery. As this document constitutes an official proof of purchase for your order, you need to keep it.
The order is then registered and processed, and we check availability of the ordered product(s).
We commit to honouring orders placed on our website. We will contact you by email as quickly as possible to inform you if we need to cancel or reimburse the order.
Order shipping confirmation
You will receive an email confirming that your order has been shipped. The contract shall be deemed concluded on the date when this email is sent.
The prices indicated are those in effect on the day of the order. All prices listed are in euros (€), include VAT (all taxes are included) and exclude processing and shipping charges. Shipping charges will be indicated in the “shopping cart” during order validation.
We reserve the right to change our prices at any time but products will be invoiced according to prices in effect when your order was validated.
Bank card: In this instance, payment is processed by an external banking site. This means none of your banking details is sent to www.blueice.com. Paying with a bank card is therefore completely secure (SSL). The order will then be registered and validated as soon as the banking institution accepts the payment.
The details associated to the bank card used for the transaction are encrypted using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol and are therefore not sent in plain text over the network. Payment is made directly through the bank. We do not, at any moment, have access to your banking details nor do we store them on our servers.
Retention of Title Clause
Products remain the property of BLUE ICE until full payment of the price has been processed. However, once the products have been shipped, the risks of the delivered goods are transferred to you.
Failure to pay
We reserve the right to refuse to execute a delivery or to honour an order placed by you if a dispute relative to payment is ongoing.
Terms of Delivery
Products purchased on www.blueice.com are delivered to the address provided during the order process. Stated delivery times are average delivery times and include time needed to process, prepare and ship the order.
The shipping cost varies with each shipping destination:
- For any EU country (except Greece, Croatia, Cyprus and Malta) and the United Kingdom, a fixed contribution of €10 will be charged for shipment. We offer free shipping for any order over €100.
- For Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, Malta, Liechtenstein, Norway and Andorra, a fixed contribution of €15 will be charged for shipment. Free shipping is not available for those countries.
- For any other countries, please contact us at email@example.com for shipping terms, conditions and rates.
Orders are generally shipped the next business day after we receive your order. You will be rapidly notified in case of items temporary out of stock.
We are not shipping any orders on French public holidays and BLUE ICE holidays (Christmas week in December and Assumption week in August).
The next business day after we received it, your order is shipped through GLS (for any EU country) or Colissimo/La Poste (for any other country).
At the time you receive a confirmation of your leaving order, a tracking number will be available on your order to follow your goods.
The delivery times will depend on the destination.
Duties and taxes are your responsibilities, these fees will be due at the time of delivery.
Delivery is made to the address provided during the order process. Should you be absent when your order is delivered, a delivery notification will be left in your mailbox by the carrier. You will then need to pick up your order at the address specified on the delivery notification (Post office).
Should the address provided by you be incomplete or wrong, should you refuse the parcel or should missing information make it impossible to deliver the product on time, BLUE ICE cannot be held responsible for the final quality of this delivery. Should this incomplete information require a second delivery attempt to you, we will be entitled to charge you for this second delivery. Should you be absent, we cannot be held responsible for the final quality of this delivery.
Receiving your order
When you receive your order, you must check that all products match what you ordered. It is imperative that any irregularity with the order (e. g. missing or damaged products, mangled parcels) be reported to BLUE ICE by email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of the products being received.
Except in the event of legitimate reason, any claim made more than 14 days after the products were received will be considered inadmissible and BLUE ICE’s responsibility cannot be engaged.
We reserve the right to have you return the non-conforming or damaged product to us.
Right of withdrawal
In accordance with Article L.121-20 and subsequent Articles of the Code Français de la Consommation (French Consumer Code), you have 14 clear days from the date when you receive your order to return the ordered products at your own expense and without giving a reason.
Subject to compliance with the conditions outlined below, we will reimburse you the total value of the products ordered and returned, including shipping charges, within thirty (30) days of BLUE ICE receiving the products. This reimbursement does not include return charges since they were not paid as part of your order.
Before proceeding with any return, you must contact us according to the following terms:
- You will email us at email@example.com to request a return authorization number.
- The right to return a purchase will only be accepted for complete products in their original condition and accompanied by a copy of the proof of purchase (sent to you by email when we acknowledged receipt of your order), the return authorization number we emailed you, and the delivery slip (attached to the parcel at time of delivery).
In the event where you return only one item from your order and not the entire order, shipping charges will be at your expense and correspond to the apportioning of the price paid for the returned product(s); we will only reimburse the price of the product(s). Returned products that are incomplete, mangled, damaged or dirty will be refused.
Should you be dissatisfied with your purchase, you have a 14-day period from the date when you received or picked up the parcel to return the item(s) in order to request a reimbursement of your purchase.
The reimbursement procedure must be requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +33 (4) 50 21 14 89.
Any returned item that is incomplete, damaged or that does not have its original packaging and tag will not be reimbursed. We reserve the right to refuse returns that are deemed to be non-conforming or abusive.
We guarantee all our products against defects in materials and workmanship for the natural life of the product, with a maximum warranty-length of three (3) years for our harnesses, and a maximum of five (5) years for our ice axes. Our warranty does not cover damage caused by normal wear and tear, misuse or if the product has been modified.
If the item can be repaired, we will offer you a reasonably priced repair service with a quick turnaround time.
If you find a manufacturing defect, please contact the store where you purchased the product.
If you purchased the product directly from our online sales service:
Send us an email describing the facts and include some photos that illustrate the problem.
- We will then send you instructions to return the product, which must be accompanied by a proof of purchase and the customer service form. The product must be in good condition, clean and shipped at your expense.
- Depending on possible outcomes, we will repair or replace the product and send it back to you.
- If the problem is not covered by the warranty but can be repaired, the repair will be at your expense. We will contact you before proceeding with any repair.
- We will do our very best to return the product to you within 14 business days. Please allow up to 45 business days during the peak season.
Under no circumstances will BLUE ICE reimburse customs charges incurred as a result of this purchase.
You can contact BLUE ICE by email or by telephone with any question regarding your order, its shipping or its status:
By telephone: +33 (4) 50 21 14 89 Monday to Friday from 9 am to 12 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm (France time)
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: BLUE ICE Europe SAS, 336 route du Nant Jorland, 74310 Les Houches, France.