The Warthog 45L has an excellent weight-to-performance ratio. Its modular volume and removable accessories make it a very versatile mountaineering bag.
An extremely comfortable and lightweight backpack: its innovative AlpinePro suspension system features an S-shaped removable back panel that perfectly optimizes the load on your shoulders.
The Warthog's compact 45L volume lets you carry everything you need for a multi-day excursion: ropes, crampons, ice axes, helmet, down jacket, bivouac gear, etc.
High-tenacity nylon fabric material makes this bag ever more robust for intensive use.
• Two back torso lengths available: S (42cm) or M (47cm)
• Quick opening drawcord system
• Removable thermo-formed, semi-rigid back panel with aluminum stays
• Removable sternum strap and padded waist belt with 2 gear loops
• Removable side compression straps
• 2 ice axe holders
• Detachable helmet holder
• Hydration bladder-compatible
• Rope holder
• Two zippered pockets
• Material: 210D high-tenacity ripstop nylon 66
• Volume: 45L
• Dimensions: 64x29x22cm (S)
• Weight: 1032g / min 743g
Finished up a week of easy (up to 5.7) alpine rock ridge climbing in the Sierra and found the Warthog to be just about perfect for carrying enough gear to bivy on route. The gear loops on the waist belt were handy and the taper of the pack body allowed for great movement. When fully packed the exterior pocket on the backside was limited to very thin items but that's a small gripe for an otherwise excellent pack. I used the Kume ski touring all winter and this was just as good for the intended application. Stoked to have discovered Blue Ice (their harness line is great too!) and look forward to getting lots of use out of this pack.